The former site Ford Genk is located south of the city of Genk, and has an area of about 130ha. In the north and east the area is bordered by the Albert Canal, to the west by several railway lines and to the south by the Henry Fordlaan (N702).
Trimodal access of the site. The Henry Fordlaan connects the site for transport by car and truck on the one hand (via the Verbindingsweg N76) with the E313 motorway and on the other hand with the E314 motorway further north. In addition, the site is also accessible via the adjacent Albert Canal and the existing railway line.
Barge terminalFully development is expected end of 2022, start of 2023. In the meantime port of Genk will execute rail and barge handling for parties located on site.- Quay length: 400 meters (bulk and container handling)
- Quay infrastructure: 2/3 wide span gantry cranes- ROC: Reefer station, ADR zone, hazardous goods section- ROC: 65.917m²- ROC: Capacity of 320.000 TEU- Depots of all major shipping companies- Direct access/traffic possible between ROC and GGL site (no public roads)
Fully development is expected end of 2022, start of 2023. In the meantime port of Genk will execute rail and barge handling for parties located on site.- Rail terminal to be developed on site- Possibility to access rail directly from parts of the project- Limited additional infrastructure necessary
- Parkings : Trucks: 26 - Cars: 1.163
- Floorloading : 10 kN/m² (Mezz.)
- Kitchenette : 1/blok
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Air conditioning
- Gas hot air heaters
- Eaves height : 12,20 m
- Loading docks : 1/1.000 m²
- Floorloading : 50 kN/m²
- Sprinklers : ESFR
- Bus Genk Lambrechts / 736 mAirport Aéroport de Liège / 40.2 kmRoads Roads E313 & 314